Elective FAQ's .. Blog is under construction please bear for few days. thank you

Elective FAQ's .. Blog is under construction please bear for few days. thank you
All about Electives for Beginners.

Sunday, February 28, 2010

LOR'S



FACULTY LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION (LOR)


This info is about the LORs that are needed to be submitted during the process of application from your faculty.

1. What is a LOR?
  • It is a letter from your faculty stating that you are a good student and have worked under him.I should be a letter recommending you for electives.

2. Whom do I take LOR from?
  • You can take them from any of your staff you have worked under during your internship or during your MBBS hospital rotations. I would suggest you to take it from the head of department (HOD) ( Eg . If you are applying for medicine electives take it from the Medicine HOD.) An HODs LOR have much value.You will have to request them to give you one.

3. What content should it contain?
  • It should state that you have worked under the faculty from so and so date and your work is satisfactory and something good about you ( eg . you have good communication skills) . It should also state that he recommends you for the electie you are pplying for and that you will prove as an asset to the university u will be selected in.

4. I want to apply for medicine electives but can I take it from other departments as medicine dept people are not giving me an LOR?
  • You can take the LOR from any department as such but it will have more weightage if u take it from the same dept. you are applying and more so if u take it from the HOD . 
5. Where do i get samples?
  • I am working on it as to how to put up samples. Till then kindly refer www.umartariq.com. I need some time to make this blog more helpful.
6. My Faculty are busy. Can i take it from some doctors who practice outside but aren't from my university?
  • No you have to take it from the faculty in your institute.

No comments:

Post a Comment